Saturday, June 13, 2009

Heavenly Hair~Lisa

There will always be stories about make up and wardrobe. As a fan of the 20th Century production of 'Cleopatra' with Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, I wanted to have a quick look at it before I included it in this blog but sadly, her accent is too annoying for even a snippet. The costumes, hair and makeup are breathtaking so, when I was sitting in Makeup recently and the makeup artist asked me who I wanted to look like, I said 'The Queen of the Nile.' There was a small pause...

Its not surprising that women want to look their best and I don't think it ever changes. So in these days of belt tightening, it is wonderful to have found a local hairdresser who works the magic. When my long time hairdresser left town for a tree change I decided to find one closer to home. The nearest was five minutes away and I walked in and asked them who was their best cutter. The appointment was a bit nerve wracking as I am trying to keep the colour I have always had but wanting something new in the cut. Lisa asked me questions, listened to the answers and then gave me the best cut and colour I have ever had. I had rung up beforehand to find out about the prices which were moderate and fair. After the fabulous cut and colour, they seemed like a dream.

So, if you are looking for a good hairdresser in Sydney, I would heartily recommend Lisa at Heavenly Hair and Body.

And the address is appropriate:

186/2A HOLLYWOOD AVE.

BONDI JUNCTION
N.S.W. Tel: 02 9369 3372

http://www.heavenly-hair-body.com.au/

They are two minutes away from Westfield and more importantly for me, as I never seem to have my diary under control, Lisa will make efforts to fit in with your work schedule.For all professional women who have to look good, and need to keep the mortgage payments up too, you get the best of both here.

Just to let you know how the beloved make up lady adapted to me wanting to be Cleopatra.
After a minute she lifted up her brush and said: "This is a brush not a wand."

To find out more about the real Queen of the Nile, click here:





No comments:

Post a Comment